- View a sample chapter, Chapter 8: Stalking a Computer
- Download the book's companion CD
- National bestseller with over 175,000 copies sold! Now completely revised and updated.
- How to manage and fight spam and spyware
- How Trojan horse programs and rootkits work and how to defend against them
- How hackers steal software and defeat copy-protection mechanisms
- How to tell if your machine is being attacked and what you can do to protect it
- Where the hackers are, how they probe a target and sneak into a computer, and what they do once they get inside
- How corporations use hacker techniques to infect your computer and invade your privacy
- How you can lock down your computer to protect your data and your personal informationusing free programs included on the book’s CD
Wallace Wang is the author of several best-selling computer books including of the Steal This Computer Book series, Steal This File Sharing Book, The Book of Nero 6, and Visual Basic 2005 Express: Now Playing (all No Starch Press). He is also a successful standup comic who has appeared on A&E’s "Evening at the Improv" and appears regularly at the Riviera Comedy Club in Las Vegas.