Facing up to the challenges
Challenge and response
- Building the team – getting the right resources, matching skills/knowledge, defining roles and responsibilities.
- Project scope – clarifying assumptions, avoiding ambiguity, getting the time/cost estimates right.
- Politics – communicating with management and stakeholders, dealing with conflict, handling interference and micro-managing.
- Risk awareness – identifying inside/outside influences, recognising inbound and outbound dependencies.
- Time management – using the right planning tools, balancing work versus meetings.
- Failure – handling the blame game, protecting the team, rescuing the project.
This book condenses into a handy summary much of the information and advice that can be found in project management related books and discussion forums. It is an ideal reference for anyone involved in IT project management, from professional service organisations (PSO) and project management offices (PMO), through to active project managers and studying graduates.
No posts found