Complete Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Development with Unity:
Leverage the power of Unity and become a pro at creating mixed reality applications
Get to grips with Unity and build applications that run on HoloLens, Daydream, and Oculus Rift
- Build exciting augmented reality (AR) applications using ARKit, ARCore, and Vuforia
- Explore virtual reality (VR) by developing more than 10 engaging projects
- Learn how to integrate AR and VR concepts in a single application
Unity is the leading platform used for developing mixed reality experiences because it provides a great pipeline for working with 3D assets.
Using a practical and project-based approach, this Learning Path teaches you about the specifics of AR and VR development using Unity 2018 and Unity 3D. You'll understand how to integrate, animate, and overlay 3D objects on your camera feed, before moving on to implementing sensor-based AR applications. You'll delve into various concepts by creating an AR application using Vuforia for both macOS and Windows for Android and iOS devices. Next, you'll learn how to develop VR applications that can be experienced using devices such as Oculus and Vive. You'll also explore various tools for VR application development, such as gaze-based versus hand controller input, world space user interface (UI) canvases, locomotion and teleportation, timeline animation, and multiplayer networking.
You'll also get to grips with the Unity 3D game engine via the interactive Unity Editor and C# programming.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll be fully equipped to develop rich, immersive, and interactive mixed reality experiences using Unity.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt books:
- Unity Virtual Reality Projects - Second Edition by Jonathan Linowes
- Unity 2018 Augmented Reality Projects by Jesse Glover
What you will learn
- Create 3D scenes to get the hang of world space and scale
- Move around your scenes using locomotion and teleportation
- Develop filters or overlays that work with facial recognition software
- Interact with virtual objects using eye gaze, hand controllers, and user input events
- Design and build a VR storytelling animation with a soundtrack and timelines
- Create engaging social VR experiences with Unity networking
Who this book is for
If you are a game developer familiar with 3D computer graphics and interested in building your own AR and VR games or applications, then this Learning Path is for you. Any prior experience in Unity and C# will be an advantage. This course teaches you the tools and techniques to develop engaging mixed reality applications.
Table of Contents
- Virtually Everything for Everyone
- Content, Objects, and Scale
- VR Build and Run
- Gaze-Based Control
- Handy Interactables
- World Space UI
- Locomotion and Comfort
- Playing with Physics and Fire
- Animation and VR Storytelling
- What AR is and How to Get Set up
- GIS Fundamentals - The Power of Mapping
- Censored - Various Sensor Data and Plugins
- The Sound of Flowery Prose
- Picture Puzzle - The AR Experience
- Fitness for Fun - Tourism and Random Walking
- Snap it! Adding Filters to Pictures
- To the HoloLens and Beyond
No posts found