PostgreSQL 11 Administration Cookbook:
Over 175 recipes for database administrators to manage enterprise databases
A practical guide to administering, monitoring and replicating your PostgreSQL 11 database
- Learn and apply the newly introduced features in PostgreSQL 11
- Tackle any problem in PostgreSQL 11 administration and management
- Discover expert techniques for monitoring, fine-tuning, and securing your database
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source database management system with an enviable reputation for high performance and stability. With many new features in its arsenal, PostgreSQL 11 allows you to scale up your PostgreSQL infrastructure. This book takes a step-by-step, recipe-based approach to effective PostgreSQL administration.
Firstly, you'll understand how to control crash recovery and plan backups by working through new features such as logical replication, native table partitioning, and additional query parallelism. You will also learn how to tackle a variety of problems and pain points that database administrators often face including creating tables, managing views, improving performance, and securing your database. As you make steady progress, the book will draw attention to important topics such as monitoring roles, backup, and recovery of your PostgreSQL 11 database. This will help you to gain insights into roles and produce a summary of log files, which will in turn ensure high availability, concurrency, and replication.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills you need to manage your PostgreSQL 11 database efficiently.
What you will learn
- Troubleshoot open source PostgreSQL version 11 on various platforms
- Deploy best practices for planning and designing live databases
- Select and implement robust backup and recovery techniques in PostgreSQL 11
- Use pgAdmin or OmniDB to perform database administrator (DBA) tasks
- Adopt efficient replication and high availability techniques in PostgreSQL
- Improve the performance of your PostgreSQL solution
Who this book is for
This intermediate-level book is ideal for database administrators, data architects, database developers, or anyone with an interest in planning and running live production databases using PostgreSQL 11. The book will also prove useful if you're looking for hands-on solutions to problems associated with PostgreSQL11 administration. Some experience with handling PostgreSQL databases will be beneficial.
Table of Contents
- First Steps
- Exploring the Database
- Server Control
- Tables and Data
- Database Administration
- Monitoring and Diagnosis
- Regular Maintenance
- Performance and Concurrency
- Backup and Recovery
- Replication and Upgrades
No posts found