Powershell Core 6.2 Cookbook:
Leverage command-line shell scripting to effectively manage your enterprise environment
Make use of hands-on recipes for many tasks that are typically encountered in both the on-premises as well as the cloud world.
- A recipe-based guide to help you build effective administrative solutions
- Gain hands-on experience with the newly added features of PowerShell Core
- Manage critical business environments with professional scripting practices
This book will follow a recipe-based approach and start off with an introduction to the fundamentals of PowerShell, and explaining how to install and run it through simple examples. Next, you will learn how to use PowerShell to access and manipulate data and how to work with different streams as well. You will also explore the object model which will help with regard to PowerShell function deployment. Going forward, you will get familiar with the pipeline in its different use cases. The next set of chapters will deal with the different ways of accessing data in PowerShell. You will also learn to automate various tasks in Windows and Linux using PowerShell Core, as well as explore Windows Server. Later, you will be introduced to Remoting in PowerShell Core and Just Enough Administration concept. The last set of chapters will help you understand the management of a private and public cloud with PowerShell Core. You will also learn how to access web services and explore the high-performance scripting methods.
By the end of this book, you will gain the skills to manage complex tasks effectively along with increasing the performance of your environment.
What you will learn
- Leverage cross-platform interaction with systems
- Make use of the PowerShell recipes for frequent tasks
- Get a better understanding of the inner workings of PowerShell
- Understand the compatibility of built-in Windows modules with PowerShell Core
- Learn best practices associated with PowerShell scripting
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes
Who this book is for
This book will be for windows administrators who want to enhance their PowerShell scripting skills to the next level. System administrators wanting to automate common to complex tasks with PowerShell scripts would benefit from this book. Prior understanding on PowerShell would be necessary.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to PowerShell Core
- Reading and writing output
- Working with objects
- Mastering the pipeline
- Importing, using and exporting data
- Windows and Linux administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Running remote commands and understanding Just Enough Administration
- Using PowerShell for Hyper-V and Azure Stack management
- Using PowerShell with Azure and Google Cloud
- Accessing web services
- High performance scripting
No posts found