As a Java programmer, how can you tackle thedisruptive client-server approach to web development? With this comprehensiveguide, you’ll learn how today’s client-side technologies and web APIs work withvarious Java tools. Author Casimir Saternos provides the big picture ofclient-server development, and then takes you through many practicalclient-server architectures. You’ll work with hands-on projects in severalchapters to get a feel for the topics discussed.
User habits, technologies, and development methods have drastically altered webapp design in recent years. But the Web itself hasn’t changed. This book showsyou how to build apps that conform to the web’s underlying architecture.
- Learn the advantages of using separate client and server tiers, including code organization and speedy prototyping
- Dive into web API design and REST style of software architecture
- Understand Java’s alternatives to traditional packaging methods and application server deployment
- Build projects with lightweight servers, using jQuery with Jython, and Sinatra with Angular
- Create client-server web apps with traditional Java web application servers and libraries