Releasing HTML5 Games for Windows 8: From the Web to Windows 8 with Ease
Windows 8 is a big leap forward for developers because it treats HTML5 as afirst-class citizen, alongside C# and C++. Interactive development expert JesseFreeman explains how Windows 8 works, gets you started with Visual StudioExpress (it’s free!), and uses a case study to show you how to port an HTML5game with ease.
- Adjust artwork for different screen resolutions and Windows 8 features
- Accommodate mouse, keyboard, touch, and other game controls
- Optimize your game to run well on any Windows 8 device
- Understand the steps for publishing your game to Windows Store
- Explore fixed price, trial mode, ad support, and in-app purchase options
- Use a web-first workflow to ensure your game runs on many other platforms