Living Clojure: An Introduction and Training Plan for Developers
If you’re an experienced programmer who has not workedwith Clojure before, this guide is the perfect thorough but gentle introductionfor you. Author Carin Meier not only provides a practical overview of this JVMlanguage and its functional programming concepts, but also includes a completehands-on training course to help you learn Clojure in a structured way.
The first half of the book takes you through Clojure’sunique design and lets you try your hand at two Clojure projects, including aweb app. The holistic course in second half provides you with critical toolsand resources, including ways to plug into the Clojure community.
- Understand the basic structure of a Clojure expression
- Learn how to shape and control code in a functional way
- Discover how Clojure handles real-world state and concurrency
- Take advantage of Java classes and learn how Clojure handles polymorphism
- Manage and use libraries in a Clojure project
- Use the core.async library for asynchronous and concurrent communication
- Explore the power of macros in Clojure programming
- Learn how to think in Clojure by following the book’s seven-week training course