With more than 150 detailed recipes, this cookbook showsexperienced Clojure developers how to solve a variety of programming tasks withthis JVM language. The solutions cover everything from building dynamicwebsites and working with databases to network communication, cloud computing,and advanced testing strategies. And more than 60 of the world’s bestClojurians contributed recipes.
Each recipe includes code that you can use right away, along with a discussionon how and why the solution works, so you can adapt these patterns, approaches,and techniques to situations not specifically covered in this cookbook.
- Master built-in primitive and composite data structures
- Create, develop and publish libraries, using theLeiningen tool
- Interact with the local computer that’s running yourapplication
- Manage network communication protocols and libraries
- Use techniques for connecting to and using a variety ofdatabases
- Build and maintain dynamic websites, using the Ring HTTPserver library
- Tackle application tasks such as packaging, distributing,profiling, and logging
- Take on cloud computing and heavyweight distributed datacrunching
- Dive into unit, integration, simulation, andproperty-based testing
Clojure Cookbook is a collaborative projectwith contributions from some of the world’s best Clojurians, whose backgroundsrange from aerospace to social media, banking to robotics, AI research toe-commerce.