Get a solid grounding in Apache Oozie, theworkflow scheduler system for managing Hadoop jobs. With this hands-on guide,two experienced Hadoop practitioners walk you through the intricacies of thispowerful and flexible platform, with numerous examples and real-world usecases.
Once you set up your Oozie server, you’ll dive into techniques for writing andcoordinating workflows, and learn how to write complex data pipelines. Advancedtopics show you how to handle shared libraries in Oozie, as well as how toimplement and manage Oozie’s security capabilities.
- Install and configure an Oozie server, and get an overview of basic concepts
- Journey through the world of writing and configuring workflows
- Learn how the Oozie coordinator schedules and executes workflows based on triggers
- Understand how Oozie manages data dependencies
- Use Oozie bundles to package several coordinator apps into a data pipeline
- Learn about security features and shared library management
- Implement custom extensions and write your own EL functions and actions
- Debug workflows and manage Oozie’s operational details