GIT is a very popular version control tool in software community. Many fortune 500 organizations use GIT. This book contains basic to expert level GIT interview questions that an interviewer asks. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time.
Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of GIT version control.
What are the sample questions in this book?
- How can we know if a branch is already merged into master in GIT?
- What is the purpose of git stash drop?
- What is the HEAD in GIT?
- What is the most popular branching strategy in GIT?
- What is SubGit?
- What is the use of git instaweb?
- What are git hooks?
- What is GIT?
- What is a repository in GIT?
- What are the main benefits of GIT?
- What are the disadvantages of GIT?
- What are the main differences between GIT and SVN?
- How will you start GIT for your project?
- What is git clone in GIT?
- How will you create a repository in GIT?
- What are the different ways to start work in GIT?
- GIT is written in which language?
- What does ‘git pull’ command in GIT do internally?
- What does ‘git push’ command in GIT do internally?
- What is git stash?
- What is the meaning of ‘stage’ in GIT?
- What is the purpose of git config command?
- How can we see the configuration settings of GIT installation?
- How will you write a message with commit command in GIT?
- What is stored inside a commit object in GIT?
- How many heads can you create in a GIT repository?
- Why do we create branches in GIT?
- What are the different kinds of branches that can be created in GIT?
- How will you create a new branch in GIT?
- How will you add a new feature to the main branch?
- What is a pull request in GIT?
No posts found