Advancements and rapid developments have led to many ramifications in the ever-changing world of software engineering. This book, in its Fourth Edition, is restructured and extensively revised to trace the advancements made and landmarks achieved in the field. This book not only incorporates latest and enhanced software engineering techniques and practices but also shows how these techniques are applied into the practical software assignments. The chapters are incorporated with illustrative examples to add an analytical insight on the subject. The book is logically organised to cover expanded and revised treatment of all software process activities.
New to This Edition
• The contents and presentation of all chapters have been improved thoroughly.
• Objective type questions have been included in all the chapters.
• More practice questions have been added to help students understanding the concepts readily.
• McCall’s quality factors and ISO 9126 have been introduced in the chapter dealing with software quality assurance (Chapter 11).
• Primarily intended for the undergraduate students of Computer Science and Engineering, the book is also beneficial for the students opting for a course in MCA, MBA and IT.
• Large number of worked-out examples and practice problems.
• Chapter-end exercises and solutions to selected problems to check students’ comprehension on the subject.
• Solutions manual available for instructors.
About the Author
Rajib Mall PhD, is Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India. He has vast practical experience in developing industry-oriented software products. Having an academic experience of a decade and half at IIT Kharagpur, India, Professor Mall has guided several doctoral dissertations and published over a hundred research articles.
No posts found