The DevOps movement has transformed the way modern tech companies work. AWS which has been on the forefront of the Cloud computing revolution has also been a key contributor of this DevOps movement creating a huge range of managed services that help you implement the DevOps principles.
In this book, you’ll see how the most successful tech start-ups launch and scale their services on AWS and how you can too. Written by a lead member of Mediums DevOps team, this book explains how to treat infrastructure as code, meaning you can bring resources online and offline as necessary with the code as easily as you control your software. You will also build a continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline to keep your app up to date. You’ll find out how to scale your applications to offer maximum performance to users anywhere in the world, even when traffic spikes with the latest technologies, such as containers and serverless computing. You will also take a deep dive into monitoring and alerting to make sure your users have the best experience when using your service.
Finally, you’ll get to grips with ensuring the security of your platform and data.
What You Will Learn
- Find out what it means to practice DevOps and what its principles are
- Build repeatable infrastructures using templates and configuration management
- Deploy multiple times a day by implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Use the latest technologies, including containers and serverless computing, to scale your infrastructure
- Collect metrics and logs and implement an alerting strategy
- Make your system robust and secure
Table of Contents
1: THE CLOUD AND THE DEVOPS REVOLUTION
2: DEPLOYING YOUR FIRST WEB APPLICATION
3: TREATING YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE AS CODE
4: ADDING CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION AND CONTINUOUS DEPLOYMENT
5: SCALING YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE
6: RUNNING CONTAINERS IN AWS
7: MONITORING AND ALERTING
8: HARDENING THE SECURITY OF YOUR AWS ENVIRONMENT
No posts found