Learn to talk to your computer in its own language! Whether you want to create a game, start a business, or solve an important problem, the first step is learning to write your own programs.
About the Book
Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners, Third Edition introduces the world of computer programming in a clear and fun style. Using Python, a programming language designed to be easy to learn, each engaging lesson teaches skills that apply to any kind of programming. It brings to life the basic concepts of computing--looping, decisions, input and output, graphics, and more.
Written by father-and-son team Warren and Carter Sande, this international bestseller is kid-tested and reviewed by professional educators. Now in its third edition, Hello World! has been fully updated to Python 3 and includes a new chapter about how the internet works.
- Colorful pictures, clever cartoons, and fun examples
- Practice questions and exercises
- Updated to Python 3
About the Reader
You don't need to know anything about programming to use the book. If you can open an app and save a file, you're ready to go!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Remember This: Memory and Variables
- Basic Math
- Types of Data
- GUIs: Graphical User Interfaces
- Decisions, Decisions
- Loop the Loop
- Just for You: Comments
- Game Time
- Nested and Variable Loops
- Collecting Things Together: Lists and Dictionaries
- Sprites and Collision Detection
- A New Kind of Input: Events
- More GUIs
- Print Formatting and Strings
- File Input and Output
- Take a Chance: Randomness
- Computer Simulations
- Skier Explained
- Making Network Connections with Sockets
- What's Next?
About the Author
No posts found