All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale.
Powerful, flexible, and easy to use, Python is an ideal language for building software tools and applications for life science research and development. This unique book shows you how to program with Python, using code examples taken directly from bioinformatics. In a short time, you'll be using sophisticated techniques and Python modules that are particularly effective for bioinformatics programming.
Bioinformatics Programming Using Python is perfect for anyone involved with bioinformatics -- researchers, support staff, students, and software developers interested in writing bioinformatics applications. You'll find it useful whether you already use Python, write code in another language, or have no programming experience at all. It's an excellent self-instruction tool, as well as a handy reference when facing the challenges of real-life programming tasks.
- Become familiar with Python's fundamentals, including ways to develop simple applications
- Learn how to use Python modules for pattern matching, structured text processing, online data retrieval, and database access
- Discover generalized patterns that cover a large proportion of how Python code is used in bioinformatics
- Learn how to apply the principles and techniques of object-oriented programming
- Benefit from the "tips and traps" section in each chapter
No posts found