Take full creative control of your webapplications with Flask, the Python-based micro framework. With this hands-onbook, you’ll learn Flask from the ground up by developing a complete socialblogging application step-by-step. Author Miguel Grinberg walks you through theframework’s core functionality, and shows you how to extend applications withadvanced web techniques such as database migration and web servicecommunication.
Rather than impose development guidelines as other frameworks do, Flask leavesthe business of extensions up to you. If you have Python experience, this bookshows you how to take advantage of that creative freedom.
- Learn Flask’s basic application structure and write an example app
- Work with must-have components—templates, databases, web forms, and email support
- Use packages and modules to structure a large application that scales
- Implement user authentication, roles, and profiles
- Build a blogging feature by reusing templates, paginating item lists, and working with rich text
- Use a Flask-based RESTful API to expose app functionality to smartphones, tablets, and other third-party clients
- Learn how to run unit tests and enhance application performance
- Explore options for deploying your web app to a production server
No posts found