Playing Minecraft is a lot of fun, but thegame is more engaging, entertaining, and educational when kids learn how tobuild mods—small programs that let them modify game elements and add content.This family-friendly guide teaches kids and parents how to create mods ofdifferent types, using the Minecraft Forge modding tool. No programmingexperience is needed.
You’ll not only build some amazing mods with the book’s easy-to-followinstructions, but you’ll also learn how to work with Java, the same programminglanguage that Minecraft uses. Why wait? Get started with computer programmingand be more creative with Minecraft while you’re at it!
This book will help you:
- Learn the fundamentals of Minecraft Forge and other tools, such as Eclipse
- Start out by building and testing a simple chat message mod
- Build cool mods that make things explode on contact, and help entities jump higher and climb walls
- Introduce new Minecraft content, including commands, blocks, items, and recipes and textures
- Work with Java fundamentals such as classes, methods, annotations, control structures, and arrays
- Learn techniques for creating your own mods
This guide is based onworkshops the authors deliver to kids around the world.