The latest edition ofJava in a Nutshell is designed to help experienced Java programmers get themost out of Java 7 and 8, but it’s also a learning path for new developers.Chock full of examples that demonstrate how to take complete advantage ofmodern Java APIs and development best practices, the first section of thisthoroughly updated book provides a fast-paced, no-fluff introduction to theJava programming language and the core runtime aspects of the Java platform.The second section is a reference to core concepts and APIsthat shows you how to perform real programming work in the Java environment.
- Get up to speed on language details, including Java 8 changes
- Learn object-oriented programming, using basic Java syntax
- Explore generics, enumerations, annotations, and lambdaexpressions
- Understand basic techniques used in object-oriented design
- Examine concurrency and memory, and how they’re intertwined
- Work with Java collections and handle common data formats
- Delve into Java’s latest I/O APIs, including asynchronouschannels