This book is your companion to create Android applications from scratch, whether you are looking to start your programming career, make an application for work, be reintroduced to mobile development, or are just looking to program for fun.
We will introduce you to all the fundamental concepts of programming in an Android context, from the basics of Java to working with the Android API. After this crashcourse, we will dive deeper into Android programming and you will learn how to create applications with a professional-standard UI through fragments, make location-aware apps with Google Maps integration, and store your user's data with SQLite. In addition, you will see how to make your apps multilingual, capture images from a device's camera, and work with graphics, sound, and animations too.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to start building your own custom applications in Android and Java.
What You Will Learn
- Master the fundamentals of coding Java for Android
- Install and set up your Android development environment
- Build functional user interfaces with the Android Studio visual designer
- Add user interaction, data captures, sound, and animation to your apps
- Manage your app's data using the built-in Android SQLite database
- Find out about the design patterns used by professionals to make top-grade applications
- Build, deploy, and publish real Android applications to the Google Play marketplace.
About the Author
John Horton is a coding and gaming enthusiast based in the UK. He has a passion for writing apps, games, books, and blog articles about coding, especially for beginners. He is the founder of Game Code School, http://www.gamecodeschool.com, which is dedicated to helping complete beginners to get started with coding, using the language and platform that suits them best. John sincerely believes that anyone can learn to code and that everybody has a game or an app inside their mind, but they just need to do enough work to bring it out. He has authored around a dozen technology books, most recently, the following: * Android Game Programming by Example (https://www.packtpub.com/game-development/android-game-programming-example) * Learning Java Building Android Games (https://www.packtpub.com/game-development/learning-java-building-android-games)
No posts found