How can you take advantage of feedbackcontrol for enterprise programming? With this book, author Philipp K. Janertdemonstrates how the same principles that govern cruise control in your caralso apply to data center management and other enterprise systems. Through casestudies and hands-on simulations, you’ll learn methods to solve several controlissues, including mechanisms to spin up more servers automatically when webtraffic spikes.
Feedback is ideal for controlling large, complex systems, but its use insoftware engineering raises unique issues. This book provides basic theory andlots of practical advice for programmers with no previous background infeedback control.
- Learn feedback concepts and controller design
- Get practical techniques for implementing and tuning controllers
- Use feedback “design patterns” for common control scenarios
- Maintain a cache’s “hit rate” by automatically adjusting its size
- Respond to web traffic by scaling server instances automatically
- Explore ways to use feedback principles with queueing systems
- Learn how to control memory consumption in a game engine
- Take a deep dive into feedback control theory