Teach yourself the fundamentals of ADO.NET 4 -- one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the clear guidance and hands-on examples you need to start creating datacentric applications for Windows® and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Connect to external data sources, including databases and other data formats
- Use ADO.NET Entity Framework to interact with underlying data stores
- Build Entity Framework models with graphical design tools in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Analyze information stored in ADO.NET with various LINQ providers
- Bind data directly to Windows Forms and Web Forms to drive information to users
- Manage disconnected or standalone data and information
- Go beyond the core functionality of ADO.NET to manipulate data in more advanced ways
Your step by step digital content includes:
- Practice exercises
- Fully searchable online edition of this book -- with unlimited access on the Web.
About the Author
Tim Patrick is an author and software architect with over 25 years of experience in software development and technical writing. He has written six books and several articles on programming and other topics. In 2007, Microsoft awarded him with its Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award in recognition of the benefits his writings bring to Visual Basic and .NET programmers.
No posts found