With Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), smart devicesare about to become even smarter. This practical guide demonstrates how thisexciting wireless technology helps developers build mobile apps that share datawith external hardware, and how hardware engineers can gain easy and reliableaccess to mobile operating systems.
This book provides a solid, high-leveloverview of how devices use BLE to communicate with each other. You’ll learnuseful low-cost tools for developing and testing BLE-enabled mobile apps andembedded firmware and get examples using various development platforms—includingiOS and Android for app developers and embedded platforms for product designersand hardware engineers.
- Understand how data is organized and transferred by BLE devices
- Explore BLE’s concepts, key limitations, and network topology
- Dig into the protocol stack to grasp how and why BLE operates
- Learn how BLE devices discover each other and establish secure connections
- Set up the tools and infrastructure for BLE application development
- Get examples for connecting BLE to iPhones, iPads, Android devices, and sensors
- Develop code for a simple device that transmits heart rate data to a mobile device