From touchscreen and mouse-click, we are moving to voice- and conversation-based user interfaces. By adopting Voice User Interfaces (VUIs), you can create a more compelling and engaging experience for your users. Voice User Interface Projects teaches you how to develop voice-enabled applications for desktop, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
This book explains in detail VUI and its importance, basic design principles of VUI, fundamentals of conversation, and the different voice-enabled applications available in the market. You will learn how to build your first voice-enabled application by utilizing DialogFlow and Alexa’s natural language processing (NLP) platform. Once you are comfortable with building voice-enabled applications, you will understand how to dynamically process and respond to the questions by using NodeJS server deployed to the cloud. You will then move on to securing NodeJS RESTful API for DialogFlow and Alexa webhooks, creating unit tests and building voice-enabled podcasts for cars. Last but not the least you will discover advanced topics such as handling sessions, creating custom intents, and extending built-in intents in order to build conversational VUIs that will help engage the users.By the end of the book, you will have grasped a thorough knowledge of how to design and develop interactive VUIs.
What you will learn
- Understand NLP platforms with machine learning
- Exploit best practices and user experiences in creating VUI
- Build voice-enabled chatbots
- Host, secure, and test in a cloud platform
- Create voice-enabled applications for personal digital assistant devices
- Develop a virtual assistant for cars
Table of Contents
- Build a FAQs Chat Bot
- Build a Fortune Cookie Application
- Hosting, Securing, and Testing the Fortune Cookie Application in Cloud
- Deploying the Fortune Cookie Application to Google Home
- Building a Cooking Application using Alexa
- Using Advanced Alexa Feature and Deploying the Cooking Application
- Migrating Alexa Cooking Application to Google Home
- Building a voice enabled Podcast for the car
- Hosting and Enhancing the Voice Enabled Podcast
About the Author
Henry Lee has over 18 years of experience in software engineering. His passion for software engineering has led him to work at various start-ups. Currently, he works as the principal architect responsible for the R&D and the digital strategies. In his spare time, He loves to travel and snowboard, and enjoys discussing the latest technology trends over a cigar! Also, he authored three books at Apress on mobile development.
No posts found