About This Book
- Harness the latest and most advanced features of Swift 4 to develop quality iOS and macOS applications
- Comprehensive coverage of all the advanced features of Swift and guidance on advanced design techniques
- Dive deep into protocol extensions, learn new error handling model, and use featured Swift design patterns to write more efficient code
- Get to grips with advanced design techniques to write smarter, cleaner Swift code
This book is for developers who want to delve into the newest version of Swift. If you are a developer who learns best by looking at and working with code, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of Apple's tools is beneficial but not mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Delve into the core components of Swift 4.0, including operators, collections, control flows, and functions
- Create and use classes, structures, and enumerations
- Understand protocol-oriented design and see how it can help you write better code
- Develop a practical understanding of subscripts and extensions
- Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch and Operation Queues
- Implement generics and closures to write very flexible and reusable code
- Make use of Swift s error handling and availability features to write safer code
About the Author
Jon Hoffman has over 25 years of experience in the field of information technology. Over these years, Jon has worked in the areas of system administration, network administration, network security, application development, and architecture. Currently, Jon works as a senior software engineer for Syn-Tech Systems.
Jon has developed extensively for the iOS platform since 2008. This includes several apps that he has published in the App Store, apps that he has written for third parties, and numerous enterprise applications. He has also developed mobile applications for the Android and Windows platforms. What really drives Jon is the challenges that the field of information technology provides, and there is nothing more exhilarating to him than overcoming a challenge.
No posts found