Programming Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central: 6/e,
Build customized business applications with the latest tools in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Explore the fundamentals of Dynamics 365 Business Central and the Visual Studio Code development environment with the help of useful examples and case studies
- Tailor your applications to best suit the needs of your business
- Explore the latest features of Business Central with examples curated by industry experts
- Learn how to integrate Business Central features in your applications
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a full ERP business solution suite with a robust set of development tools to support customization and enhancement. These tools can be used to customize Business Central's in-built applications to support complete management functions for finance, supply chain, manufacturing, and operations. Using a case study approach, this book will introduce you to Dynamics 365 Business Central and Visual Studio Code development tools which will help you become a productive Business Central developer.
You'll start by learning how to evaluate a product's development capabilities. In addition to this, you'll understand how to manage Business Central-based development and implementation. You'll then explore application structure, the construction of and uses for each object type, and how all these components are important for building apps that meet special business requirements. In later chapters, you'll get to grips with deploying a variety of components in a Business Central system.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to design and develop high-quality software using the AL language in the Visual Studio Code development environment.
What you will learn
- Program using the AL language in the Visual Studio Code development environment
- Explore functional design and development using AL
- Understand how to build interactive pages and extract data for users
- Use best practices to design and develop modifications for new functionalities integrated with the standard Business Central software
- Become familiar with deploying the broad range of components available in a Business Central system
- Create robust, viable systems to address specific business requirements
Who this book is for
If you want to learn about Dynamics 365 Business Central's powerful and extensive built-in development capabilities, then this book is for you. ERP consultants and Business Central development managers will also find this book helpful. Although experience working with Dynamics Business Central is not necessary, a basic understanding of programming and familiarity with business application software will help you understand the concepts covered in this book more effectively.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Business Central
- Data Types and Fields
- Pages - The Interactive Interface
- Queries and Reports
- Introduction to AL
- Intermediate AL
- Advanced AL Development Tools
- Successful Conclusions
No posts found