Master the business modeling and analysis techniques that help you transform data into bottom-line results. For more than a decade, Wayne Winston has been teaching corporate clients and MBA students the most effective ways to use Excel to solve business problems and make better decisions. Now this award-winning educator shares the best of his expertise in this hands-on, scenario-focused guide—fully updated for Excel 2010!
Use Excel to solve real business problems—and sharpen your edge!
- Model investment risks and returns
- Analyze your sales team’s effectiveness
- Create best, worst, and most-likely case scenarios
- Compare lease vs. buy, and calculate loan terms
- See how price, advertising, and seasonality affect sales
- Manage inventory with precision
- Quantify the value of customer loyalty
- Calculate your break-even number and ROI
- Maximize scheduling efficiency
- Express “home-field advantage” in real numbers
- Project company growth, predict election results, and more!
- Plus—introduce yourself to PowerPivot for Excel
Your companion web content includes:
- Downloadable eBook
- Hundreds of scenario-based practice problems
- All the book’s sample files—plus customizable templates
Customer Service Note: We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the code for accessing the eBook version of this title was accidentally left out of the first printing. However, the code is available for buyers of the first printing by contacting O'Reilly Media, the official distributor for Microsoft Press books, at [email protected] or 800-889-8969. All subsequent printings include the access code and instructions inside the book.
About the Author
Wayne L. Winston is a professor of Decision Sciences at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business and the recipient of more than 30 teaching awards. For the past 20 years, Wayne has also taught Fortune 500 companies how to use Excel to make smarter business decisions. He has written 15 books on Excel, management science, and mathematics in sports.
No posts found