Run your SAP system on Microsoft Azure with this guide to architecture design and system administration! Get to know Microsoft Azure and its prerequisites, service options, and supported SAP products. Plan and build your system to last with high availability and disaster recovery, and then see how to migrate and operate your system once it’s live. Learn to configure and use encryption, backups, automation, compliance, and other key features. Make your cloud project painless!
- Understand deployment models, infrastructure options, and implementation paths for SAP on Microsoft Azure
- Plan a system architecture and set up high availability, disaster recovery, automation, and more
- Migrate SAP systems, optimize performance, and manage costs
In this book, you’ll learn about:
1. Designing Your System
Begin with design considerations: sizing, availability, security, cost, and more. Then understand Microsoft Azure’s architecture and recommended practices for architecture design and service configuration. Walk through network architecture, storage options, and optimizations for your system.
2. Operating Your System
Make sure your system is operating at peak efficiency with tools like SAP Solution Manager and Azure monitor, and keep the bottom line in mind with cost management tools.
3. Protecting Your System
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Make sure your system can run without significant downtime (high availability) and can be restored in the event of failure (disaster recovery). Leverage backup mechanisms, shared storage, and encryption to make your system resilient!
4. Preparing for Migration
Evaluate your migration readiness, preview the states of any migration project, and begin planning your migration.
- Deployment models and infrastructure
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Governance and compliance
- Backup and recovery
- Operations and monitoring
- Case studies
No posts found