ABAP in the Cloud: (Hardcover)
Development and Operations with SAP BTP, ABAP Environment
ABAP in the cloud requires specialized knowledge of language limits and development environment—let this book be your guide! Begin by provisioning a trial instance and setting up ABAP Development Tools in Eclipse. Then, walk step-by-step through building an app using the ABAP RESTful Programming Model, developing backend services, and creating SAP Fiori apps. Connect your cloud-based ABAP applications to on-premise and cloud systems and learn how to manage and maintain those applications. ABAP’s not dead, it’s in the cloud!
- Set up the SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment and see how the cloud changes the ABAP programming language
- Develop complete applications, from backend services to the SAP Fiori frontend, and learn to test and monitor apps
- Connect to on-premise and cloud systems with external APIs
In this book, you'll learn about:
1. Developing Applications
Learn about the ABAP RESTful Programming Model, which governs ABAP application development in the cloud. Then get step-by-step instructions for all aspects of building applications, from developing and testing the application to populating database tables and enabling backend services for consumption.
2. Consuming External APIs
Connect your apps! For on-premise systems, such as SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP, connect via HTTP and RFC connections and consume OData services and RFC function modules. For cloud systems, connect via SAP API Business Hub.
3. Operating Applications
Understand your options for application lifecycle management! Learn to use abapGit, explore monitoring functions like authorization traces, debug your applications, and manage your security.
- ABAP Development Tools in Eclipse
- SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry environment
- ABAP RESTful Programming Model
- Application development
- Backend services
- SAP Fiori
- Consuming APIs
- Identity and access management
- Application lifecycle management
- Monitoring and security
No posts found