This step-by-step developer’s guide has everything you need to build SAP HANA-optimized ABAP applications. Explore the environment and tools you’ll be using and master development techniques that govern the code-to-data paradigm in SAP HANA. Then jump into backend programming using ABAP Database Connectivity, SQLScript, ABAP managed database procedures, core data services, and more. Once you’ve coded your apps, maintain them with runtime statistics, traces, and code analysis. Build it your way!
- Understand how SAP HANA changes ABAP programming
- Access data with SQLScript, Native SQL, and ABAP Database Connectivity
- Model rules and data using CDS views, calculation views, and decision tables
In this book, you'll learn about:
- Getting Started
Begin by exploring the SAP HANA architecture, the development environment, and the code-to-data paradigm. Create applications in the database layer and code as efficiently in SAP HANA as possible.
- Creating Database Procedures
Create, execute, and manage SAP HANA database procedures using SQLScript, ABAP Managed Database Procedures, and ABAP Database Connectivity.
Use calculation views and core data services to model SAP HANA data and add business logic to applications with decision tables and the SAP HANA Rules Framework.
- Optimizing Applications
Use runtime statistics, ABAP and SQL traces, ABAP code analysis, and system-wide analysis tools to make sure your ABAP applications are performing efficiently.
- SAP HANA
- ABAP database connectivity (ADBC)
- ABAP managed database procedures (AMDP)
- SQL and SQLScript
- Data modeling
- Decision tables
- Core data services (CDS)
- Open SQL
- Business object processing framework (BOPF)
- ABAP test cockpit
- ABAP on SAP Cloud Platform
No posts found