Dive deep into data modeling with this comprehensive guide to ABAP core data services (CDS). Get the skills you need to create data models with in-depth information on CDS syntax, its key components, and its capabilities. Walk step-by-step through modeling application data in SAP S/4HANA and developing analytical and transactional application models. From creating a CDS view to troubleshooting, this book is your end-to-end source for ABAP CDS.
- Develop data models with ABAP core data services
- Create and extend models for analytical and transactional applications
- Define annotations, implement access controls, work with the virtual data model, and more
In this book, you'll learn about:
- CDS Data Modeling
Master the CDS data modeling process. Understand the syntax and functionality basics, and learn how to define annotations and implement access controls to tailor your data models to your exact specifications.
- Application Modeling
Create application models with ABAP CDS. Walk through creating both transactional and analytical application models in SAP S/4HANA, from analytic views and queries to transactional object and service models.
- Testing and Troubleshooting
Ensure your applications are seamless. See how to develop and use automated tests for CDS models, and learn how to troubleshoot when errors occur.
- Data modeling
- Access controls
- SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA virtual data model (VDM)
- Analytical and transactional applications
- CDS-based search
No posts found