The definitive CDS resource is back and bigger than ever! Begin with the basics: explore CDS syntax and model types. Then learn to define CDS entities and model SAP S/4HANA application data with step-by-step instructions. You’ll develop models for analytical and transactional applications, work with the SAP S/4HANA virtual data model, and get to know the ABAP RESTful application programming model. Round out your knowledge with details on extensibility, testing, and troubleshooting. Get on the cutting edge of data modeling!
- Develop data models with ABAP core data services
- Create and extend models for analytical and transactional applications
- Define annotations and associations, implement access controls, work with hierarchies, and more
- 2nd edition, updated and expanded
In this book, you’ll learn about:
1. CDS Data Modeling
Get started with the CDS fundamentals. Model your first CDS view and understand how to work with entity types, associations, annotations, access controls, business services, and more. Explore all-new ABAP functionality and syntax.
2. ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model
Develop application models based on SAP S/4HANA’s new ABAP RESTful application programming model. Create behavior definitions, add advanced functions, and implement handlers.
3. Extending, Testing, and Troubleshooting
Customize your applications and ensure they’re running smoothly. Extend CDS views with CDS entity extensions, test them with the test double framework, and troubleshoot any issues.
- Data modeling
- Access controls
- Business services
- ABAP RESTful application programming model
- Virtual data model (VDM)
- Analytical and transactional applications
- Automated testing
No posts found