The second edition of Geotechnical Engineering: Principles & Practices explores both the principles of soil mechanics and their applications in engineering.
This edition includes updated content, many new problems and exercises, as well as reflects the authors' own experiences and feedback from reviewers. It offers a rigorous, yet easy-to-read approach, as well as technical depth and an emphasis on understanding the physical basis for soil behavior.
• Clear and detailed explanations of soil mechanics principles and its applications to practical geotechnical engineering problems and underlying assumptions
• Makes frequent references to sources of uncertainties in geotechnical analyses
• Considers earth slopes, landslides, and related issues
• Updated and enhanced chapters on soil strength and slope stability
• Offers a full chapter on engineering geology and expanded coverage of structural foundations
• The pedagogy features approximately 400 review questions, new and updated practice problems and 90 example problems and makes extensive use of photographs
• Includes a new appendix on Finite Difference Solutions to Flow Problems
Table of Content
No posts found