What can you do with theRaspberry Pi, the affordable computer the size of a credit card? All sorts ofthings! If you're learning how to program--or looking to build new electronicprojects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexiblelittle platform can be.
Updated to include coverageof the Raspberry Pi Model B+, Getting Started with Raspberry Pi takes youstep-by-step through many fun and educational possibilities. Take advantage ofseveral preloaded programming languages. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino.Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi,you can do all of this and more.
In Getting Startedwith Raspberry Pi, you’ll:
- Getacquainted with hardware features on the Pi's board
- Learnenough Linux to move around the operating system
- Startprogramming in Python and Scratch
- Drawgraphics, play sounds, and handle mouse events with Pygame
- Usethe Pi's input and output pins to do some hardware hacking
- Discoverhow Arduino and the Raspberry Pi can work together
- Createyour own Pi-based web server with Python
- Workwith the Raspberry Pi Camera Module and USB webcams