Oracle GoldenGate With Microservices: Real-Time Scenarios with Oracle GoldenGate (Paperback)
A step-by-step guide to practising Oracle GoldenGate High Availability (HA) options, Microservices, and Real-Time downstream techniques.
● Understand how and when they're used classic Vs. Microservices
● Learn how to use real-time downstream methods based on the environment
● Learn how to solve Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) Conflict Detection and Resolution (CDR) in bi-directional, active replication
● Learn how to implement high availability for mission-critical systems using Oracle GoldenGate – XAG components
● Learn how to set up bi-directional replication between pluggable databases (PDBs) in a multi-tenant environment
● Learn how to use differently typed of replicates in pluggable databases (PDBs) in a multi-tenant environment
The book starts with a brief introduction about Oracle GoldenGate with Microservices and how to configure high availability using various methods. Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture (MA) is a similar architecture based on REST APIs which enable us to configure, monitor, and manage Oracle GoldenGate services using a web-based user interface. Each module supports a specific business goal and uses a simple, lightweight, and well-defined interface to communicate with other sets of services. Oracle GoldenGate can interact with custom conflict-resolution routines that customers write to satisfy their business rules.
What will you learn
By the end of the book, you will come across a few case studies about how to use Microservices, Kubernetes, REST APIs in Oracle GoldenGate, and How to monitor Oracle GoldenGate processes in real-time environments. This book also helps how to use various file systems like ACFS, DBFS, and NFS in high availability for Oracle GoldenGate.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for anyone looking for how to set up and configure Uni-directional, Bi-directional replication in mission-critical environments either using classic Oracle GoldenGate OR Oracle GoldenGate with MicroServices. This book also helps various methods to implement real-time downstream techniques.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate HA - XAG Components
2. Extract and Replicat in Multitenant Environment
3. Consolidated and Cascaded Oracle GoldenGate
4. Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate Methodologies
5. Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate Utilities
6. Bi-Directional Replication with Conflict Detection and Resolution (CDR)
7. Bi-directional Replication with Pluggable Databases (PDBs) in Multitenant Environment
8. Real-Time Downstream Database with Multiple Scenarios
9. Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture overview
10. Managing Oracle GoldenGate and Kubernetes
11. Automation Recipes Via Rest APIs
12. Oracle GoldenGate Tuning and Troubleshooting
About the Author
Yenugula Venkata Ravi Kumar (YVR) is an Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Certified Master (OCM) with 22+ years of experience in the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) verticals. He has worked as a Vice President (DBA), Senior Database Architect, Senior Specialist Production DBA, and Oracle Engineered Systems Architect.
No posts found