There is an easier way to build Hadoopapplications. With this hands-on book, you’ll learn how to use Cascading, theopen source abstraction framework for Hadoop that lets you easily create andmanage powerful enterprise-grade data processing applications—without having tolearn the intricacies of MapReduce.
Working with sample apps based on Java and other JVM languages, you’ll quicklylearn Cascading’s streamlined approach to data processing, data filtering, andworkflow optimization. This book demonstrates how this framework can help your businessextract meaningful information from large amounts of distributed data.
- Start working on Cascading example projects right away
- Model and analyze unstructured data in any format, from any source
- Build and test applications with familiar constructs and reusable components
- Work with the Scalding and Cascalog Domain-Specific Languages
- Easily deploy applications to Hadoop, regardless of cluster location or data size
- Build workflows that integrate several big data frameworks and processes
- Explore common use cases for Cascading, including features and tools that support them
- Examine a case study that uses a dataset from the Open Data Initiative