- Describes the benefits of distributed computing in simple terms
- Includes substantial vendor/tool material, especially for open source decisions
- Covers prominent software packages, including Hadoop and Oracle Endeca
- Examines GIS and machine learning applications
- Considers privacy and surveillance issues
The approach taken by the authors is to explain these concepts so managers can ask better questions of their analysts and vendors as to the appropriateness of the methods used to arrive at a conclusion. Because the world of science and medicine has been grappling with similar issues in the publication of studies, the authors draw on their efforts and apply them to big data.
About the Author
Kim H. Pries has four college degrees: a bachelor of arts in history from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), a bachelor of science in metallurgical engineering from UTEP, a master of science in engineering from UTEP, and a master of science in metallurgical engineering and materials science from Carnegie-Mellon University.
Routledge eBooks are accessible via the free VitalSource Bookshelf® app for personal users and cannot be accessed on this site.
Download the file on this LINK understand how to access the e-books of Routledge
No posts found