Cybersecurity Career Guide
Kickstart a career in cybersecurity by adapting your existing technical and non-technical skills. Author Alyssa Miller has spent fifteen years in cybersecurity leadership and talent development, and shares her unique perspective in this revealing industry guide.
In Cybersecurity Career Guide you will learn:
- Self-analysis exercises to find your unique capabilities and help you excel in cybersecurity
- How to adapt your existing skills to fit a cybersecurity role
- Succeed at job searches, applications, and interviews to receive valuable offers
- Ways to leverage professional networking and mentoring for success and career growth
- Building a personal brand and strategy to stand out from other applicants
- Overcoming imposter syndrome and other personal roadblocks
Cybersecurity Career Guide unlocks your pathway to becoming a great security practitioner. You’ll learn how to reliably enter the security field and quickly grow into your new career, following clear, practical advice that’s based on research and interviews with hundreds of hiring managers. Practical self-analysis exercises identify gaps in your resume, what makes you valuable to an employer, and what you want out of your career in cyber. You’ll assess the benefits of all major professional qualifications, and get practical advice on relationship building with mentors.
About the technology
Do you want a rewarding job in cybersecurity? Start here! This book highlights the full range of exciting security careers and shows you exactly how to find the role that’s perfect for you. You’ll go through all the steps—from building the right skills to acing the interview. Author and infosec expert Alyssa Miller shares insights from fifteen years in cybersecurity that will help you begin your new career with confidence.
About the book
Cybersecurity Career Guide shows you how to turn your existing technical skills into an awesome career in information security. In this practical guide, you’ll explore popular cybersecurity jobs, from penetration testing to running a Security Operations Center. Actionable advice, self-analysis exercises, and concrete techniques for building skills in your chosen career path ensure you’re always taking concrete steps towards getting hired.
- Succeed at job searches, applications, and interviews
- Building your professional networking and finding mentors
- Developing your personal brand
- Overcoming imposter syndrome and other roadblocks
About the reader
For readers with general technical skills who want a job in cybersecurity.
About the author
Alyssa Miller has fifteen years of experience in the cybersecurity industry, including penetration testing, executive leadership, and talent development.
No posts found