An effective and practical study aid to the new OCP Java SE 17 Developer certification exam
In the OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 17 Developer Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-829, you'll find accessible and essential test prep material for the in-demand and practical OCP Java SE 17 Developer certification. Providing comprehensive coverage of all OCP Java SE 17 exam objectives and competencies, the Study Guide offers you access to all the skills and knowledge you'll need to succeed on the test and in the field as a new or experienced Java developer.
This book provides material on records, sealed classes, text blocks, dates, streams, controlling program flow, using the Java object-oriented approach, handling exceptions, working with arrays and collections, and more. You'll also get:
- Intuitively organized information that aligns with the competencies tested on the exam and those required by real-world Java developers
- Opportunities to practice and develop skills that remain in high demand in the IT industry
- Access to the Sybex online learning center, with chapter review questions, full-length practice exams, hundreds of electronic flashcards, and a glossary of key terms
Perfect for anyone prepping for the brand-new OCP Java SE 17 credential, OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 17 Developer Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-829 is also a can't-miss reference for practicing and aspiring Java developers seeking to learn or reinforce their foundational skills in Java programming and improve their performance on the job.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you’ll be ready for:
- Directing Flow with Decision Statements, Pattern Matching, and Switch Expressions
- Working with Primitives, Strings, var, and Text Blocks
- Creating Lambda Expressions and Method References
- Designing Classes, Interfaces, Enums, Records, and Sealed Classes
- Writing Functional Interfaces and Streams
- Building Modules and Migrating Applications to Modules
- Applying I/O, NIO.2, JDBC, Threads, and Concurrency
- Localizing Applications and Formatting Dates/Numbers
- Gracefully Handling Exceptions and Errors and more…
ABOUT THE ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
The OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 17 Developer certification validates advanced understanding of Oracle concepts and skills as well as experience applying them in the real world. The focus is on advanced developer skills with a strong foundation in Java technology.
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex’s superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit www.wiley.com/go/sybextestprep, register your book to receive your unique PIN, and instantly gain one year of FREE access after activation to:
- Interactive test bank with 3 practice exams to help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you’re ready to take the certification exam.
- More than 500 electronic flashcards to reinforce learning and last-minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared
About the Author
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Scott Selikoff has been a professional Java Enterprise architect for over 20 years. He currently works as a Staff Software Engineer at Google, specializing in Architecture and Cloud Services. He is a Leader of the Garden State Java User Group, helping to facilitate discussions and exchange of ideas within the community.
Jeanne Boyarsky is a Java Champion and has worked as a Java developer for a major bank for more than 20 years. She is a senior moderator at CodeRanch, and trains and mentors students of all levels, including the programming department of a FIRST robotics team.