Study Guide to the ISTQB® Foundation Level 2018 Syllabus: Test Techniques and Sample Mock Exams (Paperback)
This book is an excellent, helpful and up-to-date resource for all candidates preparing for the ISTQB Foundation Level certification exam based on the new Foundation Level 2018 Syllabus. Although there are plenty of sample questions and information related to the Foundation Level exam on the web, there are two problems with these: Firstly, most of them will soon be outdated, as the old syllabus and exams are going to be retracted in June 2019. Secondly, much of what is available is of poor quality, since many of the sample questions do not follow the strict ISTQB examination rules.
This book stands out from other ISTQB-related works through a number of special features:
- Topicality: The material complies with the latest version of the Foundation Level syllabus published in 2018.
- Quality and originality: The exam questions are original, not redundant, of high quality, fully aligned with the ISTQB exam requirements and have not been published before.
- Huge amount of material: It includes 5 full sample exams (200 questions in total) designed in accordance with the ISTQB exam rules, and with the appropriate distribution of questions regarding the learning objectives and K-levels.
- Well-thought-out sample questions: The questions not only appropriately cover the corresponding learning objectives (LOs), but also to show the typical pitfalls.
- Diversity: The questions from various sample exams related to the same LO are diversified, that is, each of them points out different aspects of a given LO. This is an excellent method for better and more effective learning and preparing for the exam.
- Comprehensive, intelligible explanations: All answers are justified and there are detailed and easy-to-understand explanations not only of why a given answer is correct, but also why all the others are wrong.
- A lot of bonus material: The book includes a great bonus pack: chapters that explain the white-box and black-box test techniques in a detailed way, a set of exercises on test techniques and the detailed solutions to them, and much more.
About the AuthorAdam Roman is a certified tester, a member of the Polish ISTQB Board and one of the best recognized testing experts in Poland. He has over 11 years of experience in software testing, both as a researcher and as a teacher. He was a reviewer of the ISTQB Foundation Level 2018 syllabus, ISTQB Model-Based Testing sample exam, as well as the author of many ISTQB exam questions for both the foundation and advanced levels. He is also a member of the ISTQB Glossary Working Group. He conducted several dozens of trainings preparing candidates to the Foundation and Advanced Level certification exams. At the same time, Adam Roman is a professor of computer science at the Jagiellonian University. His research interests include software quality, model-based testing, effective test case design, test process improvement and application of AI techniques in testing.
No posts found