DevOps engineers, developers, and security engineers have ever-changing roles to play in today's cloud native world. In order to build secure and resilient applications, you have to be equipped with security knowledge. Enter security as code.
In this book, authors BK Sarthak Das and Virginia Chu demonstrate how to use this methodology to secure any application and infrastructure you want to deploy. With Security as Code , you'll learn how to create a secure containerized application with Kubernetes using CI/CD tooling from AWS and open source providers.
This practical book also provides common patterns and methods to securely develop infrastructure for resilient and highly available backups that you can restore with just minimal manual intervention.
- Learn the tools of the trade, using Kubernetes and the AWS Code Suite
- Set up infrastructure as code and run scans to detect misconfigured resources in your code
- Create secure logging patterns with CloudWatch and other tools
- Restrict system access to authorized users with role-based access control (RBAC)
- Inject faults to test the resiliency of your application with AWS Fault Injector or open source tooling
- Learn how to pull everything together into one deployment
About the Author
BK is a security engineer at Google. He was previously a senior security architect at AWS and has helped multiple Fortune 500 customers in securing their cloud environments. BK started his career as a full-stack web developer and grew into the security domain, which led him to get his master's from the University of Washington (Seattle) with a focus on cybersecurity. BK has published multiple AWS tech blogs and regularly builds solutions that can be adopted by AWS users.
Virginia is a principal DevSecOps engineer at AWS. She works with enterprise-scale customers around the globe to design and implement a variety of solutions in the cloud. Virginia started as a Linux system administrator and developer, wearing many hats. She's self-taught, so in her spare time she's digging deep and trying to learn everything she doesn't already know. Virginia has published AWS tech blogs and provides modern solutions to the cloud community.
TOC (9789355423795_toc.pdf, 33 Kb) [Download]