Ready to join the personal fabricationmovement? This hands-on book shows you how to make a wide variety of physicalobjects with the amazing MakerBot 3D printer.
It’shandy when you need a replacement for something lost, broken, or no longermade—like a knob on your stove. You can make things instead of buying them, orsolve problems with inventions of your own. The possibilities are endless, andMakerBot is the fun, affordable, and inspiring way to go.
Getstarted with your own little factory today!
- Set up your MakerBot Replicator 2 and understand how it works
- Learn the basics and print 10 useful objects right away
- Make objects with sturdy yet biodegradable PLA
- Get examples of real-world problem solving, from ceiling hooks to hermit crab shells
- Choose from thousands of free designs on Thingiverse.com—and share your own
- Repurpose disposable products by making them part of your design
- Design your own 3D objects, using SketchUp, Autodesk 123D, OpenSCAD, and other tools
- Use 3D scanning technology to replicate real objects around you