Essentials of Organizational Behavior is a comprehensive work that covers key concepts of the Organizational Behavior field while remaining brief in length and easy to absorb. Teaching students how to understand and interact with people in real organizations, the Thirteenth Edition is an engaging, informative and interesting text that draws many connections to future careers in OB.It helps students retain and relate only the most necessary information and experiences of Organizational Behavior to their own lives and future careers. Its brevity and coverage of essential concepts allows for a source material that is easily adaptable to a broad range of students and courses.
• Content covered has been extensively increased and updated to include the newest research, relevant discussion, and new exhibits on current issues of all aspects of organizational behavior.
• Increased integration of contemporary global issues was added into topic discussions.
• Implications for Managers section applies chapter topics together to practical applications for managers.
• Global icons indicate material that can be applied specifically to international cases.
• Globalization, diversity, and ethics are integrated into the material to address issues such as cross-cultural differences that may arise in OB situations.
• Examples are extensively used throughout the text to relate the concepts to real life.
• Teaches students how to minimize the intrusion of emails and the management of information.
• Provides Information on dealing with job enrichment, bonuses, effective feedback, and alternative work arrangements.
• Covers the importance of social relationships at work and its relation to job satisfaction and motivation.
• Covers emerging literature on functional conflict, dysfunctional conflict, and conflict management
• Explores issues in the workplace, such as:
o Safety and emotions
o Risk aversion
o Self-determination theory
o Managing information
Table of Content
PART 1. UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
1. What Is Organizational Behavior?
2. Diversity in Organizations
3. Attitudes and Job Satisfaction
4. Emotion and Moods
5. Personality and Values
PART 2. MAKING AND IMPLEMENTING DECISIONS
6. Perception and Individual Decision Making
7. Motivation Concepts
8. Motivation: From Concept to Applications
PART 3. COMMUNICATING IN GROUPS AND TEAMS
9. Foundations of Group Behavior
10. Understanding Work Teams
PART 4. NEGOTIATING POWER AND POLITICS
13. Power and Politics
PART 5. LEADING, UNDERSTANDING, AND TRANSFORMING THE ORGANIZATION SYSTEM
14. Conflict and Negotiation
15. Foundations of Organization Structure
16. Organizational Culture
17. Organizational Change and Stress Management
No posts found